Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hope

RC1_9265 by rchoephoto
RC1_9265, a photo by rchoephoto on Flickr.

If I have tried to bring anything to federal politics,
it is the idea that hope and optimism should be at their heart.

We CAN look after each other better than we do today.
We CAN have a fiscally responsible government.
We CAN have a strong economy; greater equality; a clean environment.
We CAN be a force for peace in the world.

I am as hopeful and optimistic about all of this as I was the day I began my political work, many years ago.
I am hopeful and optimistic about the personal battle that lies before me in the weeks to come.

And I am very hopeful and optimistic that our party will continue to move forward.  ...

And we WILL work with Canadians to build the country of our hopes

Of our dreams
Of our optimism
Of our determination
Of our values...
Of our love.

Thank you.

Jack Layton, Letter to his constituency on July 25, 2011 indicating he will be taking a temporary leave of absence as Leader of the New Democratic Party of Canada to focus on fighting cancer.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment